If you have been involved in a car accident, there are several steps you should take to protect your health and future interests.
- Contact the local police authorities and file an MVA report. By filing this report, you are able to document the facts quickly after the accident to avoid error and help ascertain the party at fault.
- Receive proper medical care for any injured persons. Call an ambulance if necessary or visit an emergency care facility as soon as you leave the scene of the accident. It is important to note, some injuries may not be immediately apparent – for this reason, it is crucial to be examined by a doctor.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until you have gathered all of the necessary contact information from all people involved such as names, phone numbers, addresses and the insurance information. In addition, gather the names and contact information for any witnesses. It is also important to take photographs of the accident scene, damages caused to the vehicles and other property, and the physical injuries to you or your family.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries to anyone other than the police, your doctor or your lawyer. Giving statements to insurance representatives without speaking to your auto accident lawyer first can damage your legal case.
Compensation for Auto Injury Cases:
How much is your car crash injury case worth? It’s a question we hear often. The answer is that every case is different. Your compensation will depend on the amount of medical bills, the negligence of the at-fault driver, and the individual “story” of the case. The value of a personal injury case is built over time as evidence is collected and injuries are diagnosed. We understand the complexities of the legal system and we have a successful record of obtaining the compensation you deserve. We are also aware of the pain, suffering and many issues that come with motor vehicle accidents. Your injuries can keep you out of work as well as affect your daily routine and life in general. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future care
- Past and future income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earnings due to long-term injuries
- Out of pocket expenses
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a car accident, contact us at (416) 306-3817 today for a free case consultation.